Friday, February 8, 2013

"NEW YEAR, NEW ME!" - THE BOYFRIEND JEAN


Asos / J Brand (pictured below) / Zara / River Island / One Teaspoon (which I have been lusting after)

Boyfriend jeans have come a long way. 
I remember when they used to literally look like men's jeans. Too wide of a leg, too uniform, too.. awkward. I've noticed more and more that I've recently become incredibly attracted to boyfriend jeans! They look almost like skinny jeans, except they possess a harem pant charm and a pinch of laid back cool. 

The key to a perfect boyfriend jean?
- Perfectly fitted at the hips (buy your size, don't size up or down!)
- Rips and distressing to taste. I like a moderate amount of distressing. Boyfriend jeans without rips look off to me.
- The ideal shade of light blue. I find that boyfriend jeans work exponentially better when they are of a light-wash denim.
- A rolled up ankle, especially when pairing with heels.
- Confidence! 



Toronto was pretty dramatically snowed in this morning, which honestly doesn't bother me too much. I don't have to drive to work, which means jasmine green tea can be my best friend right now. It's quite picturesque looking to my terrace and seeing ... white, and only white.
 See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Thank for your advice;)
    www.shadesofesmi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sonya I discovered your vlog and I loved:)Can you do reviews about skincare, haircare and makeup products? which products are your favorites? Greetings from Girona :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...