Thursday, January 3, 2013

GIVING UP ISN'T AN OPTION.

Hey hey!
So I thought I'd do something a little different today: share a lesson I learned recently. For the past three months, I've been trying to sell a super over-priced blender I purchased this summer because I just wasn't into making smoothies anymore (it's way too cold and I'm over it). I got offers every day to buy the blender for way, way under how much I was generously asking for. I just kept the ad up because I was frankly too lazy to take it down. Well, three months later, someone took my offer and I sold the blender yesterday.
What has this taught me? Or rather, re-assured me?

Don't give up. Don't settle for less than you are asking for. Someone out there will agree with what you require. Not everyone will, but that's okay- because agreeing to sell yourself, or sell something, for less than it is worth is essentially giving up your dignity.
You will ultimately earn people's respect by setting standards and morals you stay true to regardless :)

Cardigan: Style Stalker (bought on PLNDR) / Camo shirt: vintage (similar) / Jeans: Citizens of Humanity / Red booties: Shoedazzle (similar) / Purse: 3.1 Phillip Lim / Chain necklace: Forever XXI

20 comments:

  1. Сонечка, БОЖЕСТВЕННО!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень хорошие слова в последних строках.
    В восторге от цепочки.Смотрю на тебя ,и мурашки по коже,как можно так фотографироваться?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Молодец, Соня. Хорошие слова.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonya, it's really great. You totally're very beautifull. Happy new year, I want your all wishes come true..Я тебя очень люблю с новым годом.

    ReplyDelete
  5. отличный жизненный урок на примере блендера!!? хаха :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonya, how did you create this site? This is a "blogger"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look kinda sad... Still gorgerous though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Соня,я просто такая фанатка твоего стиля!!! супер! ты классно одеваешься,хотя мне кажется в России мало кто понял бы твой стиль! Но мне дико нравится твоя одежда!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Мне очень нравится! Ты просто молодечек!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...