Friday, January 4, 2013

THRIFT SHOP.



Lavender sweater: ROMWE / Lace skirt: ROMWE / White High-tops: Converse 

Truth be told...
I don't think I've ever been as cold as I was while shooting these pictures. 
I often get asked: "Sonya, aren't you cold in just a sweater in the winter?" Or.. "wow it must be really hot in Canada!" Yes- I am very cold while shooting my winter outfit pictures. But allow me to explain, they in no way realistically portray what I wear when it is -4 degrees outside. The reason I don't wear jackets often is because: 
a) I am a summer-fall outfit kind of girl. I love skirts. I don't like tights on me. I don't like puffy winter jackets.  I am also in denial that it's not hot outside. I like to think of the winter as a temporary cold front.
b) I have two winter jackets that I switch between. I don't think it would be very fun to show outfits using the same exact articles of clothing, so I kind of just subtract those pieces.

So no, it is not blazing hot in Canada. It is cold. I am just insane =) haha

Additionally, I wanted to make a list that is actually very relevant to my life right now: 
How to make the most of the winter. 
I really really don't want to count down the days until summer, because that's not living life to the fullest. If I can't escape the cold- I have to learn to like it. So here is a list I made:

My wonderful friend Anat posted a gorgeous outfit post on her blog, check it out!
See you soon 
xo

9 comments:

  1. Sonya, you're an inspiration for me. You're beautiful girl. I love reading you and watching all
    your videos. Every day I check your profiles:)
    I have a question: can you tell us about your favourite books? What are u reading at the moment?

    PS. Happy New Year! Hope all your wishes come true:) Thnx for your positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Такой цвет кофты очень идёт к твоим глазам:)
    Анат не думала идти на фотографа?)очень красивые снимки)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Очень красивая и милая;) Нравится цвет свитера!)
    http://yanafaustova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. я тоже терпеть не могу холод и не люблю его. поэтому зимой почти только дома и сижу. а название поста сразу же напомнило песню Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop :DDD очаровательная песенка, хахах

    ReplyDelete
  5. Соня,ты смелая...на улице снег ведь!Но оно того стоило,потому что получилось очень эффектно!Ты красивая!И очень понравился свитер твой!И цвет и фасон!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonya, no! Don't walk naked (lol) when it's too cold outside! I love your work, your blog, but I worry 'bout you! I really do! :/ See ya soon. Danya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cool!! Can you talk in your next video 'bout your model career?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your vlogs! You're very funny and very interesting to watch~
    Wish you'll make a lot of new videos in this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...