Sunday, September 8, 2013

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK: DAY TWO.




Photos by George Elder 
Entire outfit from ZARA / Hat: Asos / Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim / Bracelets: Topshop, Hermes, Asos.

On my second day at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week I wore a faux leather crop top/sports bra, dark wash denim boyfriend jeans, minimalistic heels, my new 3.1 Phillip Lim pashli and a baseball cap to finish it off. I believe this is called "sports luxe", a trend that has been dominating the world of fashion this spring and summer.
I had the pleasure of attending the BCBG Max Azria show, which kicked off not only NYFW, but essentially all of fashion month! Watching a fashion show was really interesting because I'm used to the technicalities of runway from backstage, or a model's perspective. It was enlightening to be the one analyzing the models and drawing conclusions on their outfits ;)
Some of my favourite pieces that Max Azria featured in his Spring 2014 collection were crisp crop-tops, light trench coats, androgynous cuts, and glasses with thick black frames. Powder blue dominated the colour scheme, with the occasional greys, nudes, and floral prints. 
Photos by Yannis Vlamos / VOGUE.com

Sonya x

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally in love with BCBG Max Azria show season! I also loved Alexander Wang and Lacoste.
    Hope you will share some more NYFW experiences ;)

    http://thatsiberiangirl.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. yoy are so stylish and sweet *
    Love your blog and youtube chanel

    ReplyDelete
  3. yoy are so stylish and sweet *
    Love your blog and youtube chanel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit for fashion week :). Very different from the usual outfits you see :) x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sonya,

    This is THE outfit for NYFW! I'm going to San Francisco Fashion Week (which is a lot smaller than NY one;))Opening Ceremony next Monday and still trying to decide on my "dress to impress" outfit:) How were you coming up with NYFW outfits?

    P.S. In love with this 3.1 Phillip Lim bag! I got a "pashli" bag in yellow from his 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target collection;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    http://wittyfashionista.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wittyfashionista

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...